Saturday, November 15, 2008

Words I picked up from Little Miss Townsend 1

ostracize or -cise
Verb
[-cizing, -cized] or -cising, -cised to exclude or banish (a person) from a particular group or from society

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the cruel connotations that this word suggests. The whole idea of marginalizing a portion of society just because they're not good enough according to societal perception seems so barbaric, bordering on animalistic to me.

Let's hope for a more accepting Sydney in 2009. You and I can start now. By stopping all the talks. One that is aroused by genuine concern is still considered sweet and thoughtful, but those that are merely for entertainment purposes in the form of gossiping are not on. Not on at all, my brothers.

If you have no clue on what I'm talking about, I'm gonna throw in a couple more keywords into the baking tray, just so you can bake, have a cake and eat it too, just the way your judgemental minds like it.

Gossips.

Hearsay.

Perception.

Tarnished image.

Outcasts.

Name-calling.

Bias.

Labelling.

Generalization.

Tak best kan? Tak best maaaan.





No comments: